Repair & Restoration
Typical Damage would be:
• Water damage from leaks causing discolouration
• Woodrot caused by sustained exposure to water
• Scratches and indentations
• Cupping and crowning of boards At Total Woodfloors we have have been repairing and restoring floors for over twenty year. For a free quotation, call us on 087 205 4871.
- DO Sweep or vacuum regularly to removed dirt or grit that may scratch the floor.
- DO Close windows when you’re expecting rain. Water can ruin the finish on your wood floor.
- DO Put trays under potted plants and immediately wipe up any water you see. Water can penetrate deep into the wood and stain it.
- DON'T Use area rugs with rubber or vinyl backing. Some materials in the backing can react with certain floor finishes, discoloring or causing the finish to become dull.
- DON'T Expose hardwood to oils and alcohols, i.e nail polish remover & perfume which can dull and stain.
Your floor boards are reduced in thickness every time you sand them, so it isn’t ideal to sand them too often. With a yearly ‘Buff and Recoat’ the existing coat of polyurethane is freshend up by top-coating it, meaning that the time between complete 'sanding and varnishing' is extended, and so extending the life of your floors.
Gravity Bar at the Guinness Store House, St. James's Gate, Dublin