Wood floor Specialist for over 20 years
At Total Woodfloors we have been fitting and renovating floors for over twenty years. Our fitters are knowledgeable and skilled and can help with any wood floor query you may have. We offer a no hassle, Dust Free Sanding service and can advise on the finish that best suits your needs. If you are thinking of having a new wooden floor fitted, we can supply and fit or if you prefer to purchase your own wood we have a fitting only service available. Past clients have included, JP MacManus, The Edge, Damien Duff, Enya, Pat Kenny and Ben Dunne.
For a FREE Quotation call us on 087 205 4871
CLICK TO VIEW PREVIOUS JOBS
CALCULATE YOUR SANDING & VARNISHING COSTS
- DO Sweep or vacuum regularly to removed dirt or grit that may scratch the floor.
- DO Close windows when you’re expecting rain. Water can ruin the finish on your wood floor.
- DO Put trays under potted plants and immediately wipe up any water you see. Water can penetrate deep into the wood and stain it.
- DON'T Use area rugs with rubber or vinyl backing. Some materials in the backing can react with certain floor finishes, discoloring or causing the finish to become dull.
- DON'T Expose hardwood to oils and alcohols, i.e nail polish remover & perfume which can dull and stain.
Extend the life of your floor with a buff & recoat
Your floor boards are reduced in thickness every time you sand them, so it isn’t ideal to sand them too often. With a yearly ‘Buff and Recoat’ the existing coat of polyurethane is freshend up by top-coating it, meaning that the time between complete 'sanding and varnishing' is extended, and so extending the life of your floors.
Limit damage to wood floors
One of the biggest flooring maintenance issues are scratches caused by furniture that is regularly moved back and forth across floor. There are many products available to combat this and we can advise on the type of protector that best suits your needs. Please ask your floor fitter for advice.
Gravity Bar at the Guinness Store House, St. James's Gate, Dublin